Sunday, January 9, 2011

We may be having another boy, but this sure has turned into a different pregnancy!

I had a perfect pregnancy and for the most part, a perfect labor and delivery story with Ethan. My pregnancy with boy #2 has been just as smooth and easy. With either pregnancy, I never had any sort of morning sickness and nothing negative in any way. I almost felt bad when people would ask how I was feeling because it was always wonderful. Well, that has changed just a bit over the past few weeks, and it is only getting worse. Random things that have been occurring that I never had with Ethan:
*dizzy/faint spells--these seem to happen in the morning or when I change positions. Standing for a long period of time such as during the worship at church is quite a struggle. At school, I find myself sitting more and more on my stool when I am talking with the students; I used to walk around and stand.
*seeing stars--reaching down to get something. It's like I hit my hand really hard.
*veins standing out, some even raised. These better go away!
*little to no sleep at night. I am getting up to pee more and more, and then I have trouble relaxing again.
*extreme emotions--I get upset about anything and everything. My eyes will tear up about anything that upsets me, and I feel as if I cannot control it.
*any amount of constant movement such as walking gives me cramps in my abdomen and I have trouble breathing

Needless to say, all of these things are normal for being pregnant, but I do not like them! These are not the sort of things that are fun while being pregnant! I take it easy as much as I can, but there is so much to do at every moment! I cannot wait for our new little man to be here and to make us even more complete!

4 comments:

Delia Cochran said...

hi whitney- sorry to hear about the symptoms...nurse delia says pay attention to them and be sure to share the fainting, dizziness with your doctor...and let us help you out where we can. take care. love you so much.

The Fountains said...

I had dizzy spells and would see stars when I was pregnant with Emma. The first time I saw stars I was bending over my sink to put my contacs in...totally freaked me out, but the Dr. said it was normal. For whatever reason, I seemed to get them in the shower when I would squeeze my eyes to wash my face. I hope all continues to go well, at least as well as it can! :)

The Johnsons said...

Thanks for the concern! My doctor also reassured me that all of these things were completely normal. I am definitely doing more with this pregnancy with Ethan running everywhere and Matt working from home. Most of the time I feel great, but these random things are no fun!

Rachel Layfield said...

Hey Girl! My pregnancy with Elias started out completely different. My pregnancy with Wyatt was like Ethan's. I always felt it was too good to be true..then #2 came and it all changed. I had nausea for 3 months, bleeding during the last 2, and more...it is amazing how it can be so different. Hang in there, you arent alone!:)